Friday 21 February 2014

Skincare Routine // Updated!

I mentioned in my post 'Cleanser vs Wipes' that I would do an updated skincare routine post so here it is. If you haven't read that post you should definitely give it a read before this one as it gives a bit of background on my old skincare and explains why I do what I do now. 


Morning: I keep my morning skincare pretty simple as if I'm in a rush (like I often am) I don't have time to faff about with lots of products. I wash off all products from the night before with the Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit Daily Scrub which leaves my skin feeling and smelling lovely, and then follow it with the Nivea Pure and Natural Day Cream before applying my make-up.


Evening: To take off my make-up, I first use the Nivea Daily Essentials Eye Make-up Remover on a cotton ball and sweep that all over my face. I like this as it has an oil layer and an aqueous layer which you shake together and it removes every scrap of make-up, including waterproof mascara. For face make-up, I use the Nivea Daily Essentials Cleanser and Toner on a cotton pad. I apply generously and use circular motions until I think I've got it all. Then to rinse my face I use the Witch Oil Control Foaming Face Wash (which I'm not a huge fan of but it'll do for now).


Night: Before bed, it's time for products. I use the Nivea Soft moisturiser generously on my face- this leaves my skin feeling very soft and doesn't have a strong smell so it feels very natural. For any super dry areas of my face I'll apply a little E45 Cream which is extremely moisturising and is designed specifically for dry skin conditions such as eczema. On spots I use some Boots Witch Hazel Gel, which I just dab on, let it dry, and by the morning my spots have been greatly reduced in size and redness. If you haven't already guessed, I love Nivea products, even the basic cream which I always apply to my lips before I go to bed because it is extremely nourishing. I have this huge tub which will take me forever to get through and also a tiny baby size tin by my bed which I use too.

Olivia Ellen XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...