Wednesday 25 June 2014

Cat Nail Decals from DIY Nails



Is this taking my cat obsession too far? I have clothes with cats on, a cat ring and now I can wear cats on my nails too. I spotted these and knew I needed them- you get 72 decals for £6 which I think is really good value. You get four different types of cat along with some bows and hearts in cute pastel colours. They are surprisingly easy to apply:


I started with a base of 'Ocean Bloom' by Jessica on all my nails.



With a small pair of scissors, cut out the decal you want to apply- I chose this gorgeous fluffy kitty.


Soak the decal in water for about 10 seconds (leave it too long and it goes a bit soggy). The most difficult bit is this- pick it out of the water then very carefully slide the decal off the backing and place it on the nail, smoothing it down. Then dab with a towel to dry your nail. It is delicate so be very gentle.


Then use a clear topcoat to seal it in- I love Sally Hansen's Hard as Nails as it makes the nail polish really resistant to chips.



These last on your nails basically as long as the nail polish does, so if you wear an extra strong topcoat then they'll last really well. I think they look fab and are a great way to add something fun to your manicure. They are available from ASOS and direct from their website at DIY Nails where they have SO many different and cool designs.

I'm giving away one set of these as part of my 100 Follower Giveaway so be sure to enter that if you're loving these!

Olivia Ellen XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...