Wednesday 24 September 2014

Let's Talk: Brows









I've been meaning to do this post for a while, but as I'm super happy with how my brows look at the moment, I decided the time was now. So, let's talk: for me, brows are pretty important to my look. If I wore a full make-up look and did nothing with my brows it would look a bit wrong which is why I always go for a strong, defined brow. The top two pictures feature my natural, 10 year old eyebrows. They're fairly light in colour, thick and straight, but are fairly sparse in places.

Maintenance: To keep my eyebrows in check, I like to get them waxed at a salon. The people I go to normally remember how I like them, although sometimes they go a little thinner or a little more arched. Either way, I don't mind too much- I trust that they know what they're doing and that they'll make them look good. I will be the first to admit that I am lazy when it comes to my brows. I haven't got a set schedule when it comes to how often I get them waxed; it basically just happens when I've just really let them go a bit wild. I'm also terrible at plucking- I always say I'm going to keep on top of them but I never do, and when I try and go in with tweezers I just don't really know where to start.

Filling In: I used to always use a powder to fill in my brows and I swore by that. Oh, how the times change. Currently I am obsessed with the Anastasia Brow Wiz, as the nib is so small I can get a really precise and defined shape (you can read my full review of this here). I then set them in place with a  tinted brow gel in the form of Maybelline's Brow Drama. As I think I've said many times before, I don't love this but recently a few other high street brands have come out with tinted brow gels so I will definitely be giving a couple of those a go. If my brows are still looking a bit unruly after that, I go in with a clear mascara to seal them in extra-firmly. On low make-up days, I will sometimes just use the Brow Drama alone just to tidy them up and give them a bit of colour.

Colour: While we're here, let's talk about colour. My natural brows are actually fairly light, and I've tried a wide variety of shades (particularly of the Sleek Brow Stylist) to see what colour looks best. They've been very dark at times and also pretty light. I use the shade Medium Brown in the Brow Wiz which I think looks pretty good at the moment- it matches my roots which are my natural hair colour (although by the time you read this my hair will be a different colour completely!). I've never considered lightening them with bleach to try and make it match my hair as my roots always show through fairly quickly, meaning they match that anyway. If I was to however, the Jolen Facial Bleach is really great.

My Eyebrow Essentials: Tweezers, a spooly brush, Anastasia Brow Wiz, Maybelline Brow Drama, 2 True Clear Mascara, L'Oreal Magic Lumi Highlighter.

Olivia Ellen XXX



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...