Wednesday 26 November 2014

L'Oreal True Match Concealer // Review






I'm very picky when it comes to concealers. For the under-eyes it's easy- there are so many options out there and at the moment I'm loving the L'Oreal True Match Concealer crayon- but good blemish concealers are hard to find on the high street. I've tried many, from the Bourjois Healthy Mix, Maybelline Super Stay and even the extremely popular Collection Lasting Perfection was only OK. I'm a big fan of the L'Oreal True Match foundation so I decided to give the corresponding concealer a go.

There aren't very many shades to choose from but I went for number 2 Vanilla and I have to say it's a pretty good fit for my skin. It has a doe-foot applicator which is fine, but what I find slightly annoying (it might just be me that thinks this but still) is that the handle and brush is bigger than the actual bottle of concealer, so you don't get a huge amount of product. The concealer itself however is really creamy and feels less drying than some of the others I've tried- unlike the Collection concealer, this doesn't cling to dryness of any blemishes so it doesn't end up looking cakey. The coverage is pretty good- if there's a particularly red blemish it does struggle slightly so I have to layer it up a bit but otherwise I feel happy with it. Staying power is pretty good- while it doesn't stay flawless all day, it doesn't completely disappear either so I'm not left completely bare faced in the places where I put the concealer. Normally, it's just a  bit of redness that's come through but I can deal with that.

Overall, this is probably my favourite blemish concealer that I've tried. It comes in at £6.99 at Boots which puts it in the middle of the spectrum of what I've tried, so now I'm just hoping that this tube will last me a while.

By the way- I bought this while I was on a little bit of a splurge in Boots as I often am, and wish I'd checked Voucher Cloud* before doing so. They list all of Boots' offers along with other vouchers you can use to get a bit of discount which we all love right? Have a peek at them here, plus you can sign up to a mailing list to get the best offers emailed to you.

Olivia Ellen XXX

1 comment:

  1. now i available this product voucher saving codes i want to use this i like this

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...