Sunday 8 February 2015

Mini Beauty Haul...





It's very rare that I actually physically go shopping recently- it's so much more convenient for me to order things online and get home to find them waiting for me. Recently though I had a little list of beauty things I wanted to pick up so I popped into my local Boots for a mooch.

I was looking back at some photos of me from a few months ago and found myself pining for my sun-kissed locks, so decided it's time to pick up some dye and start making my way back to a lovely light, summery colour in my hair. Boots had an offer on Nice 'N Easy permanent dyes so I picked up two of the shade Natural Dark Blonde. My hair is a lot longer now than when I used to dye it myself so I've been finding recently that one box of dye is only just covering my whole hair. It's good to know that when I dye it lighter I've got a back up just in case one bottle runs out mid-way through the process. Now I don't expect my hair to go this colour straight away- as it's already dark in places (the whole top-half on my hair really, not just my roots) I'm expecting to half to take it lighter graudually, but this is the first step and I'll let you know how I get on.

Recently I picked up one of Aussie's new dry shampoo, and I hate to say that I was so dissapointed with it. It left my hair feeling really heavy and not clean at all, but what's more is that after only a couple of used the can just stopped working, and instead of spraying out a fine mist, it just spluttered white blobs everywhere which made such a mess. I got in touch with Aussie because I'm normally really impressed by their products and very generously they sent me a voucher to use on some other brands that they supply. I picked up two dry shampoos from Herbal Essences- Uplifting Volume and Clearly Naked. I've not tried either before but they look pretty promising, and you get quite a big can for just £2.99 so I report back on how I find these.

It was such a great coincidence that just as my moisturiser ran out, it went onto half-price at Boots. I was so pleased to be able to pick up the L'Oreal Skin Perfection Moisturiser right away at only £7.49. You can see my full review of the product here and it's so good to say that 4 months on, my opinions on it haven't changed a bit.

Finally, I picked up a new L'Oreal Lumi Magique Concealer to replace on that ran out probably over a month ago now. I didn't repurchase it straight away as I didn't feel like I needed it, but lately I feel like my face has been lacking a little something, so it's good to have this back in my life to really brighten and highlight my skin, especially for special occasions when I want to look the best that I can.

Olivia Ellen XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...