Wednesday 10 June 2015

DIY Floral Embellish Leather Clutch Bag









It's been a while since I've done a DIY post so I'm really excited to share this one with you. My sixth form leavers dinner is coming up at the end of the month, and I've had my dress for ages but I was struggling to find the perfect bag- they were either too big, or the wrong colours, so I decided to take things into my own hands and create my own! Here's how I did it:

I picked this plain pouch (real leather might I add!) along with a some fabric flowers in a variety of colours, both from eBay for a really good price. I always go to eBay for craft materials rather than craft stores because you can find much better bargains online. All I did was layer a couple of flowers up, then took a metal split pin through the middle. I then made a small slit in the bag, slotted the split pin in and bent back the prongs inside the bag. I just repeated this process all over, adding flowers all over until I was satisfied with how it looked. It was really just going with my instincts- I didn't have a plan for how I wanted it to look but I was really pleased with how it turned out. I only covered one side of the bag, although you could do both. It was so simple to do but I think it looks so great and you could use whatever colour bag or flowers depending on what kind of look you were going for.

I've also got a fair few flowers left, some of which I have attached to some hair grips which I think will look really cute as a way to tie the whole outfit together. Overall this project cost me less than £15 so I'm really thrilled as not only did I have fun doing it, but it's cheaper than buying a new bag from ASOS for example!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...