Friday 5 October 2012

How to: Dyed and Studded Shirt

Hiya guys! So I've got another 'how to' post for you today, and I'm going to show you how I dyed and studded one of my old shirts. I did this at the same time as my tie dye, and I'm really happy with the result!

To do this you'll need some fabric dye (see my tie-dye post for instructions on how to fabric dye), then a plain white shirt (I used an old school one) and then some studs.

To begin with, I dyed my plain shirt using my pink dye, and then let it dry naturally.


I'm really happy with the colour this came out, and the stitching on the shirt stayed white which makes a really nice detail. I then had to decide where to put the studs, and I decided to apply them to the studs in a collar tip style.


Now start to apply the studs- place your stud where you want it, then push it through the fabric and bend back the pins.


Apply them in a triangle around the collar. To me it didn't matter too much if the studs aren't perfect, because you get that nice homemade look which I like with all my clothes.




So there it is! It was so easy and pretty cheap to do, and means that now I will wear this shirt whereas previously I didn't like it. Feel free to share any of your homemade clothing items with me, I'd love to know what you've got up to!

Olivia Ellen XXX
@oliviaellen97

2 comments:

  1. Where can you get the studs from? Love this website it really helps!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya! The studs are from ebay and are £1.25 (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200pcs-7mm-Silver-Pyramid-Studs-Rivet-Spot-Nickel-Punk-Bag-Belt-Leathercraft-DIY-/140856663877?pt=UK_Crafts_Leathercraft_LE&hash=item20cbb61f45) and if you look around there are loads of different sizes and colours, thanks for reading! X

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...