Wednesday 5 December 2012

Maybelline 'Fit Me' Foundation Review

Hi guys, so I have something very exciting to share with you today! A few weeks ago, I saw an advert on the  television for Maybelline's new range of cosmetics, called 'Fit Me', and they said that you could go to their website to register for a sample and so I did, and just last week it came in the post.

So the whole idea of this range is that you can find the perfect shade for your skintone, and get a foundation, concealer and powder that all match each other. When you go onto their website there is a short quiz you can take to find your perfect shade, and then it tells you at the end which number you are. Now according to this I was shade number 120 which is called 'Classic Ivory' and this matches the concealer shade 10 and the powder shade 120.

Now I was super excited to try this out. The sample size is actually quite big for a sample- it comes in a bottle, rather than a sachet like some samples, which is good because you can re-use it. The sample also came with  little card which matched up the foundation shades with the powder and concealer shades, and some information about the product.






Texture: I was actually quite surprised by the texture. it's not a cream or a liquid like my other foundations, Maybelline says:

'Featuring our new gel foundation made with no waxes or fillers'.

So the texture is described as gel- when I squeeze some onto my hand, it comes out like a liquid but it applies a little thicker than a liquid. It's strange, but I like it.

(Me being childish hahaha)

Coverage: definitely a full coverage, although it feels very light on the skin. I didn't feel like my face was being clogged up, in fact it didn't really feel like I was wearing foundation at all, which was fantastic. But anyway the coverage is really good, it instantly made my skintone appear more even, lightly covered blemishes and made my skin feel very smooth and soft. 
Here's a swatch for you:


Price: the foundation retails at £7.99, the concealer and powder are £5.99. I think it's all very reasonable, especially because the powder compact actually has a mirror inside it. 

I can't comment on the packaging because clearly it was only a sample, but from what I've seen it looks really nice. It's simple, it's classic sleek black, but also modern because of the rectangular shapes, and the bottles (especially the foundation) look like really good sizes.

Would I Recommend it? 100%. It surpassed all my expectations, I don't think I have ever liked a foundation as much as I like this one, I just feel very confident about my skin when I'm wearing it. I struggle with oily skin but this has quite a matte finish so as long as I wear powder on top of it, I don't have to worry about being shiny. This is a really mid-price foundation, and I am definitely going to buy the whole set very soon. As soon as I do, I'll do a complete review of the whole range for you, so look out for it.

Olivia Ellen XXX
@oliviaellen97

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...