Friday 1 March 2013

Get the Perfect Pout!

I don't know about you but in this cold weather my lips tend to get very dry and chipped. It's really awful, possibly one of the worst feelings, but I've got myself a routine and my lips are now feeling so soft, so I thought I'd share this with you!

Exfoliate
Exfoliating is really great for getting rid of all the chipped skin on your lips. I do this by taking a flannel, wet it with warm water, and then just gently rubbing this over my lips for about 30 seconds, then rinsing your lips afterwards. You can also buy special lip scrubs for exfoliating your lips- I know that LUSH do a particularly lovely sugar scrub, as do Elf.


Moisturise
I always wear some kind of moisturiser on my lips at night. I use Nivea cream which is incredible for dry skin- I use it on dry areas of my face and on my lips, it is so good at moisturising! It's also really cheap- I have a 200g tub of it which only cost me about £3, so if you struggle with dry skin or you want something really soothing for your lips then I highly recommend this.



Have a good lip balm!
Not only should you moisturise your lips at night, it's really important to keep them nice and moisturised during the day. I carry lip balm with me everywhere I go and apply it regularly over my lipstick or alone. At the moment I'm using the Mint Carmex which I love, it's really refreshing and really nourishing on my lips. It's really reasonably priced (I think it's about £3 for a tube) but I also love a tin of Vaseline or a Cherry Chapstick!


Use 'kind to lip' Products
When I say 'kind to lip' products I mean things that are really good and nourishing on your lips. For me personally I love Revlon products for this, in particular the 'Lip Butter' and 'Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain' because they give a great colour but with a gorgeous soft moisturising feel on your lips.




Olivia Ellen XXX
@oliviaellen97

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...