Wednesday 12 June 2013

Colours of the Rainbow Tag

I have read/watched so many different versions of this tag recently and decided it was something I definitely wanted to take part in myself. For those of you who don't know it by now- you choose a different product for each colour of the rainbow (plus a couple of extras).


Red- I do love a good red lipstick, but it was still easy to choose my favourite. I went for 'Ruby Woo' by MAC, something that I know a lot of people have and it's become a bit of a classic with Rihanna doing her own version of it called 'RiRi Woo' (which I won't be buying though!).


Orange- this was another obvious choice for me, as I adore my Topshop cream blush in this perfect coral colour called 'Head over Heels'. It's got a really nice consistency and is easy to blend out for a natural look or build it up for something dramatic. I apply it with my fingers and then blend it in with my Elf Studio Stipple brush.


Yellow- I always end up going back to my Maybelline Colossal Volume Express mascara because I just love the brush, and it's definitely one of the best mascaras I've tried. At the moment I have the waterproof one so I don't use it everyday but it'll be perfect for when I go on holiday.


Green- to be honest I don't have that many green products in my collection so I decided to go with this Tea Tree Toner from The Body Shop. I'm about half way through my second bottle now, and it does work really well for oily skin and helps keep spots away. However at the moment my skin is not feeling too oily and I think my skin has actually got used to this now so I'm going to have to try a different toner next.


Blue- Nivea creme is one of my go-to products for dry skin. I use it on my face, my body and every night on my lips when I go to bed as it is super moisturising and super cheap too.


Indigo- I actually had to look up what colour indigo was as I had no idea! Turns out it's a dark blue/purple so I went for this tub of Superdrug Texturising Gum. I like to use this in the ends of my hair sometimes just to give my fine hair some texture and body. This is such a big tub- I'm not even half way through yet and I've had it almost a year; and it's much cheaper than the V05 alternative that I used previously.


Violet- does this count as violet? I'm going with it anyway as I couldn't think of anything else! This is the Bourjois 1 Second nail polish in shade 13. it's a gorgeous purple colour and one of the main reasons I love it is due to the brush- I'd describe it as a paddle brush and it makes it very quick and easy to paint your nails.


Pink- I still really like my Sea Salt Spraym by Lee Stafford, even though I've had a huge break from using it. I got back into it recently and I just love the texture it adds to my hair. Plus the smell- it's divine!


Multicoloured- I had to go for a palette here, so I went for my most colourful one which is the Sleek Storm Palette, and if you haven't tried any Sleek palettes yet- why not?! I adore them as a great alternative to high end palettes such as the naked palettes or a MAC one. There are so many varieties and the Storm palette has a nice mixture of shimmer and matte shades.

I invite you all to take part in this tag and then leave a link to the post down below so I can check it out! Also I'd love a follow via GFC- just click the button on the right, it would mean a lot!

Olivia Ellen XXX



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...