Friday 27 September 2013

Essie 'Fear or Desire'






I bought this nail polish whilst on holiday in America- I knew I wanted to try an Essie nail polish and as they're cheaper over there, I decided to pick one up. I went with a shade which I was instantly drawn to which is called 'Fear Or Desire'. It's a bold yellowy-orange shade which will look great with a tan.

As this was my first Essie nail polish, I had no idea what to expect. So many people rave about these so I was hoping to feel the same. Obviously, I think the packaging is cute, but I'm not such a fan of the brush- it's quite long and thin but I prefer the flat, paddle-like brushes. This lasted me only a day before it chipped without a topcoat which I found a little disappointing. However, once I applied a topcoat, I kept it on for about another 5 days. In terms of the colour, I think it's gorgeous, particularly great for summer. I'm also very impressed with the drying time and in that respects would recommend them.

Overall though, I don't think I would rush out to buy another Essie polish- I love the shade range and how fast they dry, but I wouldn't say they're worth £8 or so.

Olivia Ellen XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...