Friday 22 November 2013

Winter Accessory Essentials

I was really looking forward to winter this year- big warm jumpers, a cute coat and darker make-up, but I forgot how cold it actually would be and now I just want spring to come around quickly! However, today I want to share with you my favourite accessories and things that I know I'll be wearing a lot in the coming months.


Boots: for most people, boots are a must have for winter to keep your feet snug. I love them because you can wear big fluffy socks inside and no one has to know. This year I'll be wearing these simple black chelsea boots which I got from eBay and this slightly heeled pair from River Island.


Chunky Necklace: I love chunky necklaces as they can easily be thrown on over a simple jumper and can just give your outfit a little bit of glamour. Both of these necklaces can add a big impact to an outfit and can make it look a bit more put-together.


Fur: faux, of course. I love to attach a fur collar to my leather jacket as it keeps me extra warm and can look quite glam. This brown one is from H&M and the burgundy came from Forever 21.


Gloves: I adore these gloves from River Island. These are a couple of years old now but they bring in new styles every year and are really great because you can have them as fingerless gloves or mittens- plus the face on them is so cute and people are always admiring them.


Scarves: of course, a scarf is an essential for winter, not only for keeping warm but also for being a great addition to an outfit. I feel like every fashion blogger has a tartan scarf at the moment but they are just so on trend right now is this big one keeps me very warm. I also love my burgundy snood from Topshop because I can just throw it on with anything and it's very snuggly.


Hats: I've always loved hats and winter is the best time to wear them. This monochrome bobble hat is from Primark and it really warm. But for something a little more fun I picked up these other two hats from eBay- they have the cutest cat ears in them and come in a huge range of colours.



Dark Lipsticks: most beauty bloggers are raving about dark lipsticks at the moment. I love to wear them with a slick of black eyeliner and a matte complexion. My favourites are 127 'Mulberry' by GOSH, L'oreal Glam Shine in 'Milady' and Sephora's 23 'Crush'.

Have you got any essentials for this time of year?

Olivia Ellen XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...