Friday 12 September 2014

Autumn/Winter Lipsticks



L-R: MAC Ruby Woo, Revlon Matte Balm in Standout, L'Oreal Glam Shine in Milady, GOSH Mulberry, Sephora R24

Another lipstick post?! I know, I know- but dark lips are really the only thing that I'm looking forward to about the upcoming season. I can't stand the weather, but with a fierce lip I can pretend that the cold never bothered me anyway.

MAC Ruby Woo: OK, not a particularly dark one, and it is something I wear all year round however I haven't worn in it a long while and so am hoping to get a lot more wear out of it in the coming seasons. It's a classic red that is very matte, so it probably isn't for everyone but I love knowing that this will look flawless without sliding around.

Revlon Matte Balm in Standout: Another that I haven't worn much but you can see it in action here. It's a dark plum-red, again with the matte finish I adore and I find the crayon shape makes it pretty easy to apply.

L'Oreal Glam Shine in Milady: I have mixed thoughts about this one- I love the colour, but I'm not a huge fan of the formula. It applies like a gloss so can be a little sheer and patchy, and it tends to slide around on the lips a bit, so doesn't look that great to begin with. It does however leave a lovely berry stain on the lips so I'm going to experiment with application a little and hopefully get more wear out of it this coming winter.

GOSH Mulberry: If you're a long-time reader of my blog you'll definitely know this one. It's my go-to, fail-safe autumn shade. It's a dark red with a hint of a metallic/shimmery finish. It is a creamy finish, but it doesn't come off super easily and it does leave a bit of a stain. Very excited to get this on my lips again soon!

Sephora Rouge Cream in R24: It looks scary, yes- a very dark plum shade which is reminiscent of MAC's Rebel in my opinion. It's a difficult one to pull off, particularly because of it's creamy finish but it makes such a statement when worn correctly.

Olivia Ellen XXX

1 comment:

  1. I actually really like that deep plum colour - really great finds. Now to just see if I'm bold enough to actually buy and wear it.

    Lizzie's Daily Blog

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...