Friday 24 January 2014

Maybelline Colour Sensation Lipstick // Review








I bought this lipstick as when I was buying Maybelline's Baby Skin everything was on 'buy one get one half price'. I'll be honest- the packaging enticed me in, I love the sheer casing with the silver tube inside. I'm always on the hunt for the perfect natural colour and as I don't find that 'true nudes' suit me I tend to go for something on the pink side. 'Sweet Pink' is a creamy pale pink with very fine shimmer running through it. The texture is creamy and moisturising and doesn't cling to any dryness on my lips.

My go-to lipstick colour is, and has been for a while, 'Please Me' by MAC which you can see in the photo above. Clearly when you compare the two swatches the colours are quite different but the MAC one tends to be what I grab when I've got a full face of make-up on and want a cute 'natural' colour. If i'm wearing very little make-up I normally wear my Maybelline Baby Lips in 'Cherry Me' which is very subtle so I like 'Sweet Pink' as it kind of falls between the two- perfect for when I want a bit more than lip balm but don't want to wear a  too strong colour.

One thing I don't like about this lipstick is the amount of product you actually get is not a huge amount. As it's a creamy lipstick, it won't last as long on the lips and so will need reapplying more often so when you consider that it's not a lot of lipstick. If you compare it to 'Please Me' which is a matte lipstick, meaning it lasts longer and needs less reapplication, that has a lot more product (although granted it is twice the price). Overall though, I like it and have been wearing it a lot since I bought it.

Olivia Ellen XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...