Sunday 3 August 2014

July Favourites





Sorry this post didn't go up in it's usual Sunday morning slot- I'd just got back from two weeks in the sun and wasn't feeling up to sitting down and writing a post, but better late than never yes?!

Sanctuary Moisturising Serum: I never thought I'd see the day when I said I enjoyed moisturising,  but this serum from Boots makes it a pleasure. It feels incredibly nourishing for my skin without being at all sticky and the pump makes it very hygenic and efficient,  as I can get exactly the right amount of product out each time. The scent is very much the classic Sanctuary scent- clean and light,  plus it costs about £8.50 which is very reasonable.   

Balance Me Cleansing Balm: I went to pick up Maire Claire magazine for my holiday earlier this month and was chuffed to find it came with a sample of a cleansing balm. I've been wanting to try one for ages and I was not disappointed with the quality. I use this after my cleansing water to make sure that my face is completely clean. I love that it has oatmeal particles to exfoliate and it makes my skin feel so moistuised; like all the dryness has gone. I don't love the smell, but I don't hate it either, and since I'm impressed with how well this tube is lasting me, I definitely think I'll be picking up a full size bottle of this.   

EOS Lip Balm: this has been my holiday saviour- as I've been in the sun a lot my lips became quite dry at times so this has been really useful for just refreshing them, plus it has some SPF in it.   

Rimmel Scandaleyes Eyeliner in Nude: I'd been meaning to buy this for ages to replace my old white one. I use this in my waterline to brighten my eyes, and the fact that it's waterproof means it hasn't disappeared by the time I'm ready to go out.  

Earrings from Topshop: I have two lobe piercings in each ear but haven't been wearing earrings in either of them for a while. I spotted these beauties in Topshop the other day and decided I needed them- these were going to be my motivation to start wearing earrings again. Unlike a lot of Topshop jewellery, I thought these were quite reasonable, especially when I used my student card too.   

Handmade Silver Ring: this was a late birthday present from a close friend of mine- she'd been taking an evening class in jewellery making and made me this gorgeous ring. It's very simple in design but the embossed design is truly lovely.   

How to Build a Girl by Caitlin Moran: set in Wolverhampton,  this novel had me laughing out loud. I loved reading about the different places in my hometown and I also found the story to be really gripping.

Olivia Ellen XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...