Sunday 24 May 2015

Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue // Review






When I hear the phrase 'tinted moisturiser' my mind completely glosses over the 'moisturiser' as I haven't found a tinted moisturiser that has been particularly hydrating. That was until I tried the Bare Minerals Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream- bit of a mouthful but it really tells you all about the product. As the product is pretty expensive (around £26) I made sure to read loads of reviews first to really work out whether it was worth it before making the splurge (I actually had a gift card that I was able to purchase this with which made me feel better!). I was so excited to apply it for the first time because I really didn't know what to expect after hearing different people saying different things about coverage levels.

It comes out of the tube in a very liquid form but as I dotted it onto my face for the first time I could already feel how lightweight it was. As soon as you start blending you can feel how hydrating it is- it glides over any dryness and my skin and just gives this absolutely gorgeous glowing finish. I went for the shade Vanilla although I could probably go a shade either side and it wouldn't make that much difference as the coverage is very sheer and it really blends in to suit my skin.

As I say, the coverage is sheer when I blend it in with my fingers, but I find that after this it's very easy to layer up with a buffing brush to add a little extra coverage should I need it. It doesn't cover major blemishes and I still like to go in with a little concealer in places but it really evens out the skin tone and has a lovely radiant finish- I really feel like I've found the perfect 'my skin but better' product.

What's also great about this product is that it has SPF 30 meaning it'll be perfect for on holiday. Often when it's warm I don't want to put on a full face of make-up but I feel like if I just pop a bit of this onto my face if I'm going out it'll just brighten my skin and make me look at bit more alive. The bottom picture is after about 8 hours wear and as you can see it's still looking pretty good- glowy but not sweaty and shiny (and this was in fairly warm weather with me being active) and the coverage is still almost all there. I can really see this becoming my go-to product in the coming months and am so pleased I took the plunge!

Olivia Ellen XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...