Wednesday 29 July 2015

Bourjois New In






I've been trying to spend as little as possible recently which is why you haven't been seeing as many reviews as normal on the blog this month. However I was browsing in Boots and since Bourjois had a 3 for 2 offer on, I decided to try out a couple of new products. First up is the Colour Band eye crayons. I'm not sure if these are brand new but I haven't ever swatched them before in store. I picked up two shades- Beige Minimal, a shimmery champagne shade and Brun Dadaiste, a shimmery bronzey copper shade. Because they are chunky in size they are so easy to use. They are creamy and easy to blend so are perfect for a quick shimmery eye. I like to pop Beige Minimal all over the lid, then blend Brun Dadaiste through the crease. Equally they are great to use separately as a base colour, inner corner highlight or for a smudged eyeliner along the lashline. They are also pretty long lasting and affordable so I'm really glad I picked these up. 

The other product I went for is the new Brow Natural. What intrigued me about this was that it has a felt tip nib, something I've not tried before for my brows. I went for the darkest shade but even so it's not the best match for my brows and does need building up to really get it to match my natural brow shade. I'm a little disappointed to find that the amount of product dispensed means that it takes quite a long time to fully fill in my brows so I would say that this is not the product for you if you want a really intense look. That being said with a bit of tinted brow gel over the top, it does make a nice natural look which works well for me on no-makeup-makeup days. I wouldn't say that this will become a holy grail product for me but it is an interesting one to try. I've seen on Bourjois's twitter that they are bringing out some more brow products soon so I look forward to giving those a go when they are released.

Olivia Ellen XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...