Monday 28 January 2013

Trend of the Week: Monochrome

Monochrome is another trend which is going to be huge this Spring/Summer, and it's one I'm super excited about! Just in case you don't know, monochrome is black and white, whether it's block colours or a print (stripes in particular are already very popular).

So the first item is this gorgeous dress from Missguided, I love that it has a faux leather bodycon skirt, and I also love the cute floral pattern on the top half of the dress. It would be perfect for a night out and I think the slight pleats at the top of the skirt would be really flattering. It's also only about £27 which is a bargain in my opinion.
How I'd wear this: team with some super high heels, probably in black, with a simple clutch bag and some statement sparkly jewellery.

Next is this skirt on the right- it's a monochrome striped skater skirt which I love! It's from ASOS and is £16. What I love is that the vertical stripes with give the illusion of longer legs which can't be a bad thing! This is definitely something you could wear both in summer or in winter with some opaque tights.
How I'd wear this: a white lace crop top will be perfect for summer (Topshop have some great ones for around £15). Then a light-wash denim jacket and some cute flats or sandals will finish off the look perfectly.

Next is this dress which is from Motel, and this is another great piece- peplums are sticking around for Spring/Summer so this combines two trends into one super hot item. The dress has faux leather white panels to make up this peplum which I think is a lot of fun, adds another texture to a relatively simple dress otherwise. I think it's quite a classy dress, because it has modest neckline and length so it's good for when you want to look a bit more sophisticated.
How I'd wear this: again, some simple black heels (I'd probably go for a chunky heel with this) and I'd add a bright coloured belt to spice up the look.

So the final item I want to show you is something that I think you'll either love or hate- these monochrome sandal heels are from Topshop and come in at a hefty £95. I don't know why I like these, I guess they're not really what I would normally pick. The monochrome heels is so 'wow'- they would definitely make a statement, and I love the chunky straps, they really remind me of a pair of gladiator sandals I used to own that I loved. The heel is 6 inches but the platform is huge so I reckon they'd be pretty comfy.
How I'd wear these: I think a faux leather skirt would look fantastic with these, and could work for day or night. Maybe add a baggy white t-shirt and a bright bag and accessories for a pop of colour. The main thing with these shoes is to keep them as the man focus of an outfit.

Olivia Ellen XXX
@oliviaellen97

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...