Monday 5 August 2013

July Favourites!

I've been away for most of July and didn't get to take a lot of things with me so I haven't used many products or worn an item of clothing religiously for most of the month, meaning I only have a small amount of favourites for you this month!



First of all is the Tresemme Instant Refresh Volumising Dry Shampoo for Fine and Oily Hair (what a mouthful). I've never really been a huge fan of Batiste dry shampoo but dry shampoo is a must for me as my hair can get quite oily on the days when I don't wash it. This one was recommended to me and I can see why- it's fantastic! It doesn't leave a white coloured residue on my hair so can be applied without a mirror, it definitely makes my hair appear a lot cleaner, adds lots of volume and is long lasting. A thousand times better than Batiste in my opinion!


I'd never seen this product before until a friend bought it for me as a gift. The Evian Facial Spray is designed to be used daily to help hydrate your skin and fix your make-up. I have to say, I really do like it, particularly on holiday or when the weather is hot. I spray it on after my make-up and while it's probably not as good a a MAC Fix Plus or something by Urban Decay, it does help. It also makes my face feel refreshed and less dry. Plus it dries quickly and doesn't stick to my face and make it shiny- it just sinks in and doesn't affect the appearance of my make-up. It's in a handy 50ml bottle too so it's ideal for taking in your hand luggage on a plane.


I finally bought my first Tangle Teezer earlier in the month and I wonder why I didn't buy it earlier. This makes it so much easier to brush my hair, particularly when it's wet. It hurts my head a lot less than the cheap paddle brush I was using before and gets out any knots easier. It still pulls out some of my hair but not to the extent that it used to be.

Finally, I've been loving August's issue of Marie Claire magazine- I'd never read it before but bought it for my trip as it looked interesting. It has a fashion and beauty section, but also a wide range of amusing and serious articles, including an interview with Diane Kruger and a feature about ex-North Korea residents. Plus it came with a free Eyeko Skinny Eyeliner which is also a bonus as it is fantastic!

Olivia Ellen XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...